[dba-Tech] [AccessD] Loud and obnoxious beeps

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Jun 27 10:23:18 CDT 2007

I found it.  I bought a brand new Del M90 about a month ago now.  I have
been getting a blue screen about once a week or so.  One of the "suggested
possibilities" was the high def sound system, so I went out an shut off the
device.  Apparently this completely shut down the sound system of the laptop
so it reverted to using the computer's "beep".  Whereas with the sound
device turned on, no sounds are emitted for such things, with it turned off
they are.  Thus turning off the sound system freed my computer to beep at
me.  I just turned on the sound system and voila, no more beeps.

Pretty strange if you ask me.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting