[dba-Tech] Word SpellCheck uses straight quotes instead of curly quotes

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Wed Jun 27 16:03:01 CDT 2007

First make sure “Replace straight quotes with Smart quotes” is ticked,
on the “AutoFormat As You Type” tab under Tools + Autocorrect;
and if you want to use a highlight in the replace, make sure the
default highlight colour on the Reviewing toolbar is set to the colour
you want.

Here are macros and explanation
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/macrosvba/replacequotescontent.htm

Susan Harkins wrote:

>Here's something that drives me nuts. Word's default is curly quotes (I
>think it's the default). However, Spellcheck uses straight quotes if I enter
>a quote character. Why in the world would it do that? That means I have to
>remember to change the quote when I finish running SpellCheck. Is there a
>fix for that?
>
>Susan H.

Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.