[dba-Tech] Question about Word fields and custom properties

artful at rogers.com artful at rogers.com
Thu Mar 15 09:56:36 CDT 2007

Another question for you, Bryan and other Word gurus. It seems that when I create a TOC, it includes the title page and other pages that come before the TOC. That seems idiotic to me, but I don't know how to get around it. I'm looking at a book right now whose format is acceptable, even nice. The first several pages (title, publisher page, history, dedication) are all without page numbers. Then comes the TOC, whose first page is not numbered, but whose second page is numbered viii -- thus accounting for the previous pages). The first page listed in the TOC is the Introduction, whose first page is not visibly numbered, but whose second page is page 2. Every subsequent chapter's first page contains no page number, but of course is counted. Also every chapter begins on an odd-numbered page.

How do I set this up? Any assistance gratefully appreciated.

Arthur