[dba-Tech] Future trends

artful at rogers.com artful at rogers.com
Sun Mar 18 20:02:07 CDT 2007

The on-demand model means that there is no per-seat licensing and no up-front purchase price. You pay to use the software. Don't use it, don't pay. That's basically it. Not that I am suggesting this is easy to accomplish, but it is customer-oriented. Hire a dozen new people tomorrow because your sales have gone through the roof, and I won't bother you with licensing them and installing the software on their PCs. Google's Office thing is a case in point. So is MS's equivalent. Use it, pay. Don't, don't.

A.