[dba-Tech] Future trends

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Mar 19 03:51:54 CDT 2007

Hi Rocky

Yes, most prefer a fixed but low flat rate as it saves a bunch of control and accounting and makes budgeting a snap.

You may be able to live without access to Word - there are other ways to create a text document - but what about those using a hosted ERP or accounting system? If access is down, business is down - and even worse, if access (the line, ISP or host or access to the host) is down, you have absolutely no control or influence on how and when it will be brought back.

/gustav

>>> rockysmolin at bchacc.com 19-03-2007 02:25 >>>
I wonder if customers would really go for that.  Buy it, pay once, use it as
much as you want.  But with on-demand, there's no way to budget for it. I
don't think I would like that.

And, if for some reason you cannot communicate with the meter,  are you dead
in the water?  IWO, you pay for use for Word.  Everytmie someone opens word
you pay something.  No on-line service is perfect 24/7.  If your service
goes down can you open Word?

Rocky