[dba-Tech] Monitor on the fritz - but not actually

DJK(John) Robinson djkr at msn.com
Wed May 9 12:49:30 CDT 2007

Hi Rocky

I don't know, but here's what I would look at.

I guess the flat monitors are both analogue (that is, accept an analogue
signal), rather than digital?

I reckon some combination of resolution (eg, 1280 x 1024) and refresh rate
(eg, 85 Hz) is responsible for providing a higher data rate than the monitor
will handle.  Try reducing either or both, eg, to 800 x 600 and 60 Hz, which
any monitor should support.  Is that OK?  If so, try gradually increasing
resolution and/or refresh rate until it fails, then back off one step.  If
all that works, then you can tinker with your optimum acceptable
combination.

Good luck!

John