[dba-Tech] Mail client

Bob Geldart bgeldart at verizon.net
Fri May 11 22:06:49 CDT 2007

Eudora has been giving me fits for the last six months or so. I'm
looking for a change.

I use Outlook at the office and am comfortable with it. Can't get it
to work properly at home though--problem connecting with the server.

Tried Mozilla Thunderbird for a few days and was a little
disappointed--it imported my mailboxes and messages from Eudora, but
not the address book and none of the filters.

But the problem is the wife gets very frustrated trying to learn a
new mail program. So I'd like to find something that looks and feels
similar to Eudora.

Anyone have any suggestions for a good mail program?

My gripe with Eudora is that it seems to take forever to close the
program. After I exit, the disk access light glows bright and steady.
Norton System Doctor shows expanding swap file, and then a warning
about low virtual memory. If I try to shut down the computer, Win
tries to close a number of programs including ccApp and
Eudora.exe--this may be 10-15 minutes or more after exiting Eudora.
It may be a WinXP issue, or even NAV, but it seems to me to be Eudora.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Bob Geldart             BGeldart at verizon.net
Maynard, MA