[dba-Tech] Mail client

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sun May 13 20:02:36 CDT 2007

On 13 May 2007 at 20:19, Bryan Carbonnell wrote:

> On 5/13/07, Arthur Fuller <fuller.artful at gmail.com> wrote:
> > So does that mean that I can specify a thing or two and then download
> > everything that is currently stored on Gmail? My personal security and
>
> Yep. In your e-mail cleint, just setup the POP and SMTP settings and
> away you go. Except for outgoing you'll have to use Rogers servers.
> They block port 25 IIRC, which is the SMTP port

GMail uses Ports 465 or 587  and SSL (aka STARTTLS) for SMTP.
I don't know if Rogers will be blocking those.

Similarly, you need to configure POP3 on Port 995 with SSL.

See
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=12103&topic=1556
for details of how to configure various email clients.

--
Stuart