[dba-Tech] Virtual PC - use a virtual firewall?

Martin Reid mwp.reid at qub.ac.uk
Fri May 18 14:29:19 CDT 2007

John

I have only used then for two things. Running MS beta software which means I can isolate the stuff form my PC and for running stuff in work. The work stuff runs on Virtual Servers, for example SharePoint, SQL Server etc as a development environment.

I have had an entire virtual network running on an XP pc, Win Server 2003, 2 XP Pro clients but one of our Server guys set it all up for me and it worked really well.

Mainly we have been playing about with Virtual Machines but I suspect we will move into this area especially application virtulisation.

One thing they did tell me was the more RAM the better!

Martin

Martin WP Reid
Training and Assessment Unit
Riddle Hall