[dba-Tech] New Flat panel display

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Nov 7 08:55:05 CST 2007

Rocky,

I have not tried the 1680 x 1050 resolution, but my 17" laptop is 1440 x 900
which I really do like.  It "looks right" at a 17" size.  Unfortunately you
cannot get 1440 x 900 at anything above 19".  My thoughts are simply that
1680 x 1050 is only 240 pixels wider and 150 pixels taller than what I am
currently working with, and that on a 22" display this would be "roughly the
same" look given the bigger display size.  I suppose I really should run
down to Best Buy and look at these monitors but I hate sales people so.  ;-)

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting