[dba-Tech] VMware - WinXP setup

Helmut Kotsch hkotsch at arcor.de
Wed Nov 7 10:36:01 CST 2007

Get WinBoard UpdateBuilder XP 3.0 from

http://download.winboard.org/files.php?cat=92

Helmut

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com]Im Auftrag von Lembit
Soobik
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 7. November 2007 15:54
An: Discussion of Hardware and Software issues
Betreff: [dba-Tech] VMware - WinXP setup

I have set up a virtual machine and installed WinXPpro SP2 on it.

Now I want to do two things:

a) get the WinXP updates in a file and install it from a stored file rather
than go through all individual download/updates, also because I want to
build some more VMs with WinXP.
--Where do I get the files and how do I run the updates? are they maybe on
my hostPC already, since I have it regular updated?

b) I want to set windows up so that it will each time when it starts use the
original setup, so that any changes made by malware are gone at each nes
start. where do I find such setting?

thanks a lot
Lembit