[dba-Tech] Bad drive

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Mon Oct 1 11:28:58 CDT 2007

Hi Jim,
I used to use PowerQuest Drive Image and Partition Magic. Now I use Norton
Ghost and Partition M but have been checking into proactively replacing
these for sometime as Symantec seems intent on ruining everything they touch
these days.

So far I'm leaning towards Acronis True Image. Acronis seems to be as good
or better than the pre-Norton PowerQuest products and it seems to be the one
most techy sites recommend. I'm presently looking for a good open source
disk imager and partitioner...

Good luck,
John B.