[dba-Tech] Avg Anti-Virus

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 12:09:54 CDT 2007

On 10/1/07, John Bartow <john at winhaven.net> wrote:
> Duh <blush> - well that's good to know, I just assumed the zipped version
> was for dialup accounts to download. I guess the old axion of ASSUME worked
> on the me part!

I don't think a zip of a 68 BYTE file would make that much difference
on dialup :)

If you read the page, it's actually for systems that catch it too
quickly. So they zipped it up. If your AV scanner scans zips, then it
should find eicar in the zip too.

> So this would be a good test of whether or not the anti-virus detection was
> working correctly.

Yep it would be ;)

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at gmail.com
shouting "What a great ride!"