[dba-Tech] Word select text issue

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 09:18:14 CDT 2007

On 10/11/07, Susan Harkins <ssharkins at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, the double-click engages it? I use that a lot and wouldn't want to turn
> it off. You're right -- I can't turn it off either. We either don't
> understand the feature or it doesn't work (surprise!!!)

I did a REALLY quick test. Click in the middle of a word and then drag
to highlight it, and the next word. The first word I clicked in didn't
highlight the whole thing until I selected the first letter of the
next word.

When I had the option unchecked, it only selected from where I started
my click-and-drag.

A double click will always select the entire word, no matter if the
option is checked or not. A triple click will always select the entire
paragraph, including lines separated by line breaks (shift-enter).

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at gmail.com
shouting "What a great ride!"