[dba-Tech] Operating System not found

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 08:58:16 CDT 2007

I'd say it's time to backup any data on that system. Just in case. ;-)

I had a similar, "now you see, it now you don't", experience with a
DVD drive this morning. It was there and working. I was playing a dvd
while I had a couple other things going on including a data backup. I
shut down Media Player and the drive access light stayed on and the
door would not open to allow me to take out the disc. At that time I
didn't realize that there was a force release button inside a little
hole in the front on this particular drive. I went into device manager
to see what it thought about that drive and it didn't even appear
there at all. The second DVD drive was there but not this one. OK. Try
a restart. Still can't see it in device manager and light is still on.
Do a shutdown and then power it back up and THEN it showed back up
again and the open drawer button again worked.  Grrrr.

I hope your system has gotten that wierdness out of it's system Lembit
and will continue to work as it's supposed to.

GK.

--
Gary Kjos
garykjos at gmail.com