[dba-Tech] Operating System not found

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Mon Oct 15 13:30:48 CDT 2007

Hi Bryan:

It seems that you have been hit with the case of the gibbled capacitors. A
Korean company produced these faulty units for about 6 months until it was
discovered there was an error in the processing. By that time it was too
late and all computer mother designers had been using their capacitors.
There are hundreds of thousnads of motherboards out there that fail because
of this and it is all just 'buyer beware'.

If you are have and are good with a soldering gun and can read the capacitor
code the whole fix can be accomplished for about 30 bucks and 1 hours work.
A good friend and hardware guy replaced all the capacitors on one of my
boards. (I only have a cheap gun and no skill with that type of work...)