[dba-Tech] Corrupted Word file

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 08:38:56 CDT 2007

This is the second time this has happened to me -- I can't open a Word file. The error message gives me some information, but nothing that's particularly helpful. I've recovered it using a text editor, but only the text -- which is better than nothing, but it's a manuscript and it'll take me a while to reformat it.

My question is this -- the power went off while I was working. There's no AutoRecovery file for it in that folder. I'm wondering if the file is locked somehow. The Properties don't show it as Read-Only now or anything like that. If it's locked, can I open it?

Susan H.