[dba-Tech] Widescreen Monitor

Rocky Smolin at Beach Access Software rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Fri Sep 7 13:01:29 CDT 2007

Went to Fry's the other day and picked up an external Maxtor 300GB for $100.
Needed it.  Also looked at a widescreen monitor but couldn't decide how it
would do. It was only $150.  But I passed on it.

Today they're selling a 19" widescreen w/ analog and digital interfaces for
$120 (they throw in a Canon ip1800 printer as well, but that's beside the
point).

What I'm wondering is how this thing works.  I develop in 800x600 (also old
man's eyes - big is good). And I sue the adh Screen Resizing code.

Now on this wide screen will it stretch the maximized form distorting it?
Or do I end up with two black bars on either side and my current aspect
ratio Will it stretch my desktop?  OR will I just get more real estate?

Should I grab this puppy?  I'm using a conventional 19 now - it's lovely. So
'need' is not part of the equation.

MTIA

Rocky