[dba-Tech] routers

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 04:36:03 CDT 2007

On 9/26/07, Susan Harkins <ssharkins at gmail.com> wrote:
> We have a linksys cable modem and we want to get a wireless router. They
> seem to come in all varieties -- linksys is the most expensive and I'm
> wondering if they're worth it. What do you guys use?

Susan,

There is one thing no one mentioned. make sure that what ever wireless
router and wireless network card you get are the same standard.

802.11a
802.11b
802.11g
802.11n

I'd look for 802.11g gear myself. THat is the fastest that is a
finalized standard. A & B are older, slower standards. N is the latest
and greatest, but last time I checked it wasn't a finalized standard
so different manufacturers gear may or may not play well with one
another. Also the gear may or may not be upgradable to the latest
"revision" of the "standard"

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at gmail.com
shouting "What a great ride!"