[dba-Tech] slow system

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 08:28:36 CDT 2008

My system has ground to almost a halt. The only process seems to be Idle System process -- but I haven't a clue what that is. CPU usage is very low -- between 2% and 15%, depending on what I'm doing, but PF Usage is running between 300 and 450 -- but again, I don't know what that means. I looked it up in Help, but didn't read anything that helped.

The mouse isn't responding well and everything's just terribly slow. It's taking forever to power down, boot, and launch anything or do anything.

I've run Spybot and Ad-Aware.

Susan H.