[dba-Tech] upgrading RAM

Lembit Soobik lembit.dbamail at t-online.de
Mon Apr 7 08:58:46 CDT 2008

Susan,
if you do decide to upgrade (which I do recommend, but ofcourse its a
function of available $s),
you need to look upin your motherboard manual what type of memory to use,
and also, what's presently in your box and how many slots are free and
whether you have to fill slots in pairs.
also, get memtest, s amall free memory testerand run it after upgrading, so
you can return the memory when defective.

Lembit