[dba-Tech] Operating system not found

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Apr 11 11:32:29 CDT 2008

Hi Gary

Oh right, so that's what the AST SixPakPlus (Type 1) Part Number 201177-001 is for:

The SixPakPlus is a multi-function Memory Expansion board designed for the IBM
PC and XT and 100% compatibles running at 4.77 MHz.  In it's standard
configuration, it comes with anywhere between 64K and 384K of RAM using
industry standard 64K dynamic RAM chips, a Clock/Calendar a Serial Port
configurable as COM1: or COM2: and a Parallel Port configurable as LPT1 or
LPT2.  All memory installed on the SixPakPlus is designed to expand your PC to
it's 640K maximum.  It does not support extended or EMS/EEMS type memory.  In
addition to the basic configuration, it can be configured with a Game Port.

/gustav

>>> garykjos at gmail.com 11-04-2008 18:09 >>>
That's why you had to enter date and time on bootup as I recall. There
was an add on card with a battery available as an aftermarket option
along with some extra serial and parallel ports and maybe a joystick
controller too?  It's been a long time though. My memory could be
clouded by the years.

GK