[dba-Tech] Operating system not found

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Apr 11 15:45:11 CDT 2008

Hi Gary

So much have changed. Remember having the floppy controller on a separate add-on board and full height 5.25" floppy drives.
And the motherboards? My first 486 board was a full size board - one half of it covered by DIL sockets you had to fill to reach the massive amount of RAM of ... 4 MB!

But the old PC keyboard is still the best ever made. The sound was fabulous and the soft feeling has never been surpassed by any other keyboard. At work I still have my original IBM PS/2 keyboard (without the sick Windows buttons of course) but at home I have one of those plastic keyboards with a sound like a piece of toy. I hate it.

/gustav

>>> garykjos at gmail.com 11-04-2008 20:26 >>>
That's crazy, who needs THAT MUCH memory? Overkill for sure. Such a
waste <Very Big Grin>.

I forgot about the need for add on memory. Seems odd today that
putting memory on an add on card at the bus speed that that stuff runs
at verses the memory channel bus would even be acceptable would it?

GK