[dba-Tech] AntiVirXP08 Anybody Know About This?

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Sun Aug 3 02:24:05 CDT 2008

Hi Tina and john

Yes, CounterSpy is excellent.
However, some weeks ago I guided a client to this site with a free tool which is a much smaller download than CounterSpy:

  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/malware-removal/remove-xp-antivirus-2008-2009

and she (not being a pc nerd) managed to download and run the tool all by herself with success.

Notice the good explanation including the extremely rogue screenshots which can scare the life of common people!

/gustav

>>> john at winhaven.net 03-08-2008 04:41 >>>
Then you'd really like Vipre. It eliminates the need for another separate AV
product and doesn't drag your system down like other products. They have
some good graphs on their web site of the tests that were run against some
of the leading security companies.  The resources some of the others use are
tremendous! Vipre actually runs faster than the present version of
CounterSpy. The next release of CounterSpy will correct that but since it is
a subset they will probably always be a little behind on releasing it as
Vipre comes first. And really, as good as the software is the support is
even better. They will talk you through removing things on the phone if its
really new and the removal procedures haven't been incorporated into an
update yet.

John B.