[dba-Tech] AntiVirXP08 Anybody Know About This?

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Sun Aug 3 12:37:00 CDT 2008

Hi Gustav,
Unfortunately, far too many lately.

I had been running CA Enterprise Products on my business clients and
CounterSpy and AVG free on my SOHO clients but the resource use, while
smaller than most major brand suites is much higher than Vipre. I'm
installing Stand alone Vipre on SOHOs now and Vipre Enterprise on my
Business clients as their contracts come due.

I love the Vipre sales slogan: "Download VIPRE and Take Control of Your PC,
Before Someone Else Does!"

You wouldn't believe some of the techno-lingo they had in their marketing
materials before they released it for comments. Good to know there are so
many technical people involved in their company but my main comment was "Get
some MARKETING people involved!" ;o)

Here are what I consider the most important aspects of it in graph form:
http://www.vipreenterprise.com/Why-VIPRE-Enterprise/VIPRE-Stats.htm

Best of luck,
John B.