[dba-Tech] Always On Notebook

Rocky Smolin at Beach Access Software rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Mon Aug 25 16:45:16 CDT 2008

Perennial question - is most of the wear on your machine due to the heat
that degrades the components over time until one of them fails?   Or is the
most wear due to the surge of power when you turn it on and the stress on
the bearings on the hard drive?

I turn off my computers at night (actually go to standby so they start
faster).  I once figured it saved about $15/mo/computer to turn them off a
night but San Diego has pretty high electric rates.

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software
858-259-4334
www.e-z-mrp.com