[dba-Tech] MS Paint

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Sun Aug 31 11:59:55 CDT 2008

Yes, the sizes will vary quite a bit, depending on which format you
choose to save in - as will the image quality.  The 24-bit image is
going to be a bunch bigger than a jpg.  If you go to save a color Paint
image as a gif, you'll get a warning about possible loss of quality.  My
experience has been that the 24-bit bmp will be about 10 times the size
of the jpg.

The old rule of thumb limited total web-page size to something like 250K
(I think), for quick loading.  For a page full of pictures, make small
thumbnails of them and link them to pages containing larger versions of
the pictures.  But, as Jim has pointed out, speed of transmission has
increased exponentially in the last few years, so the concern is
fading.  Of course, there are still quite a few people who don't have
high-speed broadband access to the web, and for them it's still an issue.

Hope this is helpful,
Tina