[dba-Tech] Expession Web 2 Installation Question

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Dec 15 02:59:06 CST 2008

Hi Arthur

Welcome to the club. If you google a little further you'll find lots and lots of complaints about failing installs, also that the Expression Team of MS has promised to resolve this in the next update.
Main issue - others exist - is a stupid dependance on a _successful_ install of Office 2007 and some of its shared files. Thus, if you have Office 2007 installed, you may try to remove it completely and reinstall from scratch. That worked on my home machine; but my office machine won't because I have Office 2003 and 2002/XP installed too and that confuses the Expression installation.

/gustav

>>> fuller.artful at gmail.com 15-12-2008 01:00 >>>
I received an installation dvd from DevTeach (in Montreal) and I have
repeatedly tried to install it, only to hit error 1704 and not be able to
proceed. Does anyone have any insight into this? I tried a Google and got
nowhere.

TIA,
Arthur