[dba-Tech] I've had this problem before

Rocky Smolin at Beach Access Software rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Mon Dec 15 19:23:29 CST 2008

But owing to my advanced age - I can't remember how I solved it.

I upgraded my Vista box (HAL9006) to Ultimate today but because the upgrade
would not go through I opted for a fresh install.  It worked.  And things
are getting back to normal. But I can't push things onto the Vista box from
my main machine - HAL9005. haven't tried it from any of the others, probably
the same.  It tells me access denied.

When I first installed Vista Home on the Vista box (it came from Grandpa
with lots of stuff so I wanted it clean). I had the problem, but cleared it
up and can't remember how.  I already set the drive to shareable.  And went
to the Network and Sharing Center -

Network Discovery - On
File Sharing - On
Public Folder Sharing - On
Printer Sharing - On
Password protected sharing - Off
Media Sharing - On
Windows Firewall - On
Running AVG

I can display the HAL9006 files on HAL9005.

I can pull HAL9005 files onto HAL9006 from HAL9006.
I can pull HAL9006 files onto HAL9005 from HAL9005.
I can push HAL9006 files onto HAL9005 form HAL9006.

But I can't push files from HAL9005 to HAL9006.

What have I forgotten?

MTIA

Rocky Smolin

Beach Access Software