[dba-Tech] VMware setup questions

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 06:39:01 CST 2008

I have the vmware player and the vmware server but I have not much idea what
to do first and next etc. As I understand it, you first image your existing
setup, then run the server and begin creating new VMS. Apparently there are
also pre-done images for various OSes. Do you need an actual server all
tricked up to run server?

>From this ignorant person's viewpoint, it would seem that it makes no sense
to run VMware on top of Vista or XP. VMWare should be the thing  loaded and
then the the little VMs. Wouldn't that maximize the ram available? Or am I
still suffering from my recent concussion?

Dazed and Confused,
Arthur