[dba-Tech] Desktop Trashed?

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Dec 29 02:38:09 CST 2008

Hi Ed

Have in mind, that many trojan "removers" are fake.

These are our proven tools for the task:

TrojanHunter:
http://www.misec.net/

Sunbelt Software Vipre:
http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/home-home-office/vipre/

Spybot - Search & Destroy©®:

All have free fully functional trial versions for download.

/gustav

>>> eptept at gmail.com 29-12-2008 00:14 >>>
Hi All,
Sorry for the double post but I know Some don't subscribe to both.
Our
desktop, main PC, went out to lunch after my son did something...who
knows.
I know Trojan, worms and whatnot were downloadded.  I spent the better
part
of 14 hours trying to get it back to normal...no luck.  I downloaded
ZoftSpySE, CyberDefender, T-R Trogran Remover 6.7.5 but no cigar.  Ran
these
in windows, safe mode and no-safe mode.  The system just crawls, cpu
rarely
goes over 1-3%.  Do I have to reformat the disk and loose everything or
is
there a solution I missing.  This is a royal pain in the a**,
especially
after running the system for 3 years without a hitch,  Running AVG,
Spy
Sweeper, PC Tools Dr.....also have Adaware and Spybot on the PC.  I
suppose
I could get all the files I need off in safe mode but if there is a way
systematically get this working again without losing files, that would
be
great.  I thought there was someone who had a similar problem...but
maybe
that was at work.  Any suggestions GREATLY appreciated.
MTIA
ED