[dba-Tech] another question on browser hi-jack

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Feb 7 08:28:53 CST 2008

James,

That is good to know.  Having a one port "router" works just fine as long as
the firewall is built-in.  I hope that it provided wireless but even if it
doesn't at least the firewall is now in place.  If you need more than that
then a gigabit switch is the real solution.  That way all of your computers
get gigabit access to each other and can access the internet as desired.

This just makes business sense for the ISPs.  They are the ones that are
having to battle botnets created from their client's computers.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting