[dba-Tech] A few questions about media files

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 10:19:22 CST 2008

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 11:03 AM, Erwin Craps - IT Helps
<Erwin.Craps at ithelps.eu> wrote:

>  AVI and MPG/MPG are video formats having a constant frame rate per
>  second. For internet usually 15 frames a second. DV and DVD has 25
>  frames a seconds, PAL 29,97 frames (or something) seconds, NTSC 30 I
>  believe.

Not that it matters that much, but PAL is around 25 (don't know the
actual number) and NTSC is 29.97. NTSC used to be 30 in the days of
Black & White, but when they had to add the colour information to the
signal then did some fancy math and came up with 29.97 as the frame
rate for NTSC. Let's not even talk about ATSC (North American Digital
Over The Air Broadcasting standards).

Like I said, it doesn't much matter, but it's one of the few things I
can remember these days,

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at gmail.com
shouting "What a great ride!"