[dba-Tech] Partition Magic

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Tue Feb 19 00:28:48 CST 2008

Hi Rocky,
I think I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago. Arthur's advice is spot on.

You do not need to keep this partition if you have the CDs/DVDs that came
with the PC. Its just waste space - especially so since most manufacturers
size that partition _way_ too large. The manufacturers generally include the
restore disks in that partition but were forced to include disks a few years
ago too. Some manufacturers include a feature to perform backups or
snapshots which periodically record your main partition to this recovery
partition. But if the disk goes bad none of it matters cause its just a
partition. It's a silly concept in all. If they had included two separate
hard drives it would make some sense.

Take your time and read the directives and I'm sure you'll do fine.

Best of luck,
John B.