[dba-Tech] automated bullets

Kath Pelletti kp at sdsonline.net
Sun Feb 24 18:10:21 CST 2008

Susan - maybe they need to go over the basics of Word paragraph formats to
really understand what is happening with their bullets.

I would get them to:

- Select the entire block of text where the bullets are
- Use the Ctrl+Q format which will remove ANY paragraph formats in the
select text.
- Turn on the Show/Hide icon so they can see any tabs / hard returns etc
they have entered and remove them all.
- Use Format, Paragraph etc to create the bullets.
- Use Format, Paragraph etc. to re-apply the spacing they need (single,
double or somewhere in between) that they need.

It sounds like they have some extra hard returns that they are not seeing?
Ot a combination of difft. spacings in there which must be throwing out
their spacing, so the Ctrl+Q should sort that out.....

And they may need to be reminded that:

- On the lines where they WANT a bullet they should use enter as they enter
text.
- Where they want a line break but no bullet they should use Shift+enter to
create a soft return.

hth
Kath