[dba-Tech] Nero Problem

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Jan 2 23:28:01 CST 2008

Hi Arthur:

I do not know whether your situation is similar but when I installed my
older version of Nero on a XP computer, it initially worked fine. After a
number of updates to the XP system Nero started to have some issues. By the
time SP2 was installed Nero would not work. It required the latest Nero
version to solve this incompatibility.

My understanding is that XP does not allow applications to have complete
access to the hardware so in order for Nero to work correctly a new
compliant version was required. (Visa has continued this move and now
applications are not allowed unfettered direct access to hardware... or as I
believe none.)

This may not be your problem but I know older version of Nero have issues
with the newer OSs and subsequent hardware issues.

For creating and installing ISO copies to DVD, CD and Harddrives, I have
found ImgBurn from http://www.imgburn.com/ is the best program at any
price... (Note: It is not for copying DVD/CD programs.)

HTH