[dba-Tech] Performance in disc partitions

Lembit Soobik lembit.dbamail at t-online.de
Mon Jan 28 13:29:05 CST 2008

I still have a FastTrack ISA card in one PC - still works fine, supporting
2x2 drives RAID 1each.
And last year I was going to buy a card to hook up SATA drives on one MB
that doesnt have SATA connectors.
Had to search PCI card - most cards are PCIE, which this MB doesnt have.

Each time I turn around, I find I cannot upgrade or replace this or that,
but that's the trick in PC business:
You have to buy a new Computer every 3 to 4 years.

Lembit
BTW, what's PCIX? is it 'extended'? I know extended as PCIE.