[dba-Tech] Thinkpad issues

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Wed Jul 2 14:11:20 CDT 2008

Anyone have an idea of how I can restore a Thinkpad Z60t to factory
conditions without the system password?

I made the Recovery disks, but it kept asking for the password. An internet
source said if I formatted the recovery area of the disk it wouldn't ask for
that any longer, formatted it and that wasn't true. Another source says it
can't be done unless I hot-wire a chip on the motherboard!

Strong security is nice until it prevents you from doing what you intend to
do to your own equipment.

John B.