[dba-Tech] Thinkpad issues

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Fri Jul 4 10:18:42 CDT 2008

Hi Gustav,
I called the support line for the TP Z60t and the fellow said there is no
way to do this.

I posted a question on the Lenovo ThinkPad forum and haven't received a
single reply. Apparently they assume the laptop has been stolen and do not
recover these laptops if the password is forgotten.

I really don't want to spend a couple of hours and $100 trying to hack into
a 4 year old laptop, only to make one little mistake and ruin it in the
process!

This incident has sealed my opinion of buying (or supplying) ThinkPad's in
the future. It's a shame too, because they are really nice notebooks.

John B.