[dba-Tech] Spammers

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 08:33:41 CDT 2008

I get messages like that from time to time. When this has happened to
me it's always been a case of SPOOFING I think it's called. If you go
in and look at the rejected e-mail detail you might see that these
messages didn't come from her e-mail address at all but were just
pretending to come from that address.   Have a look at this Wikipedea
entry for Backscatter which is maybe what your friend is experiencing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backscatter_%28e-mail%29

GK