[dba-Tech] statistics

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 17:26:59 CDT 2008

> As far as I am concerned the trend is growing rapidly as I have been very
> busy working through Toronto for Fujitsu, Soroc, Banctec, Getronics,
> Staples, McDonalds, Body Shop, Mariposa, Sony, Payless, CIBC, BMO, Nova
> Scotia, Dell etc etc...

=========Not rapidly enough, as far as I'm concerned. Also, the larger
companies are more apt to work with remote employees. Smaller companies are
still stuck in the Dark Ages, and I can't say why, although, I can complain
about it. :) A quick check on dice.com showed 1/2 a percent for a general
search on "SQL Server developer" allowing telecommute. Potential clients
still want me to sit in a cubicle under their thumb. I didn't do that 10
years ago and I don't know why I would do it now -- but doesn't seem any
better than 10 years ago.