[dba-Tech] Dynamic DNS

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Mon Jun 30 11:50:41 CDT 2008

Hi All:

Recently, due to external forces, my servers were off line for a few hours
and I was blissfully unaware until I started getting calls... (My static IP
had been changed without my knowledge...)

I have been looking into dynamic DNS services that could solve any future
similar issues. Hera are the two I have been reviewing but I wonder is any
of you have had experience with the folowing two products:

1. http://www.dyndns.com/services/dns/dyndns/
...and...
2. http://www.dnsomatic.com/

I am leaning towards the second product as it links to my NameService
provider, ZoneEdit

Comments please.