[dba-Tech] Read Acrobat Forms?

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 16:02:15 CST 2008

Several times I have written apps that create PDF files, but this time the
client wants to know whether we can go in the reverse direction. People can
fill in an Acrobat form then submit it to my client, who then wants to
import the data from the form and plonk it into an Access database. I've
never gone in this direction. Can it be done? It's a non-starter if it
requires a full copy of Acrobat, since there will be several users in each
of a couple of dozen offices and the client doesn't want to spend that much
money on this process.

Anyone know what the alternatives are?

TIA,
Arthur