[dba-Tech] VS.NET equivalent of single-row form

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 09:28:07 CDT 2008

There's an intermediate table which I populate with a bunch of rows
corresponding to the available numbers (unused) and a row-column designator.
The number of rows manufactured for this table depends on the number of
numbers supplied in the problem, obviously. From there, a series of
elaborate joins to the Problem table's row eventually results in a solution.

Arrays are obviously a much more efficient approach (one for each sub-square
and a big one corresponding to my intermediate table), but I wanted to see
if I could do it in TSQL alone. Now that I have proved that I can, I will
eventually get around to doing it the "right" way. But I need to do a few
more things to this program to make it presentable, first. When I've got the
first version done, I'll post it, and then set to work on the array-version.

A.