[dba-Tech] Update on WHS corruption bug

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Mar 11 20:16:39 CDT 2008

I am not happy, I can tell you that.  I always ran WHS on a RAID system
which all by itself eliminated part of the problem.  It ruenrd out that I
also ran it on a Single Large Volume, which eliminated the rest of the
problem.  However those two "fixes" only work up to slightly less than 2
terabytes of storage at which point you have to add more storage to the
pool.  When you do that all hell breaks loose.  Microsoft is madly
minimizing the danger but it isn't as small as they would have us believe.

I have no idea how I could have done so... ;-) but I managed to piss them
off and they banned me from their forum as well.  8-0

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting