[dba-Tech] VMWare VMs

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Tue Mar 18 16:29:44 CDT 2008

John,

I don't know all those answers yet, but I believe the OS is a
significant issue.  When I was wondering which version of VM Player to
download, my instructor said to download the one for my host OS because
the VM would be built within the host OS environment (I'm working on
learning Linux and intend to use a VM with the Linux VM Appliance for
the course - later, I may dedicate a machine to Linux, but not right now).

I'll be watching for answers from others who know more than I.

Tina