[dba-Tech] Computer issues...

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 19 11:26:45 CDT 2008

Hi Jon:

Have you checked the fans? If the fans are not working on the mother board
or the main power supply fans is not working correctly and the heat sensor
is set in your bios; that can cause you system to stop.

But the most likely cause are Resisters... this happens all the time. To
check is the resisters on the mother board. You usually have about a dozen.
If you see ones with a bulge on the top or side you know you have a bad one.
Replacing them is about $1.50 each and if you are good with a soldering gun
you can replace then. Otherwise it will cost you about $50.00 to $100.00 to
do the set.

HTH