[dba-Tech] Intel's smoke and mirrors

DJK(John) Robinson djkr at msn.com
Thu Mar 20 20:59:17 CDT 2008

Hi folks

What's going on with Intel?  I mean with the long-ago announcement of the
non-extreme Yorkfield quad processors, delayed from January for some
unlikely PR guff about AMD.  It's the Q9300, Q9450 and Q9550 I'm talking
about.  Total silence.  No processors (apart from a few lonely Engineering
Samples).

Can't they get them to work?  Or can't they manufacture them at all?  What's
the story?

My beef is that I've built my new PC, except for the Q9450 it's designed
round.  It's got loads of RAM, terabyte disks, Blu-ray, etc - but no brain.
Useless!

John