[dba-Tech] To 86

Don Bozarth drboz at pacbell.net
Sat Mar 22 11:37:12 CDT 2008

I think it originated in the "bar" business.  Meaning that the bartender
stopped serving alcohol to an individual or group.  86 were the last two
digits of the law that made it illegal to serve more alcohol to someone who
was drunk.  The basic meaning that I understand for 86'd is that you have
been cut off.

Don B.