[dba-Tech] Linux Newbie in Distress

Bobby Heid bheid at sc.rr.com
Sat Mar 22 14:46:02 CDT 2008

Tina,

When installing to VPC or VMware (which, by the way, you can only load
VMware image in, you have to have workstation or server to create a VM), the
VM emulates the graphics card.  So it really should not matter what the host
graphics card is.

If you have the time, I would recommend downloading the FC7 VMware image
(linked to earlier) and see if you can open it properly in the VMware
player.  It might have just been something that you selected during the
install.

I purchased VMware workstation because I prefer it over VPC.  One thing is
that VMware supports USB devices other than a mouse and keyboard.  Plus, I
find it more configurable.  But you can't beat the price of VPC.

Bobby